Sunday, May 01, 2005

5/1 It's May...where's SPRING?

After being in LV and LA for 8 days, it seems really really cold here in Wisconsin. Is it just because it's 40 degrees? Or maybe because I left a lot of hugging and kissing?

Being with such close friends, who aren't afraid to be physically close as well, makes the opposite situation even more difficult. And leaving my beautiful daughter and grandchildren at the airport reminded me just how much I miss them.

So now I'm sitting in front of the computer trying to give myself a hug. Not very successfully.

(I know this is just the "after visit blahs." This will go away soon.)

Today is my team's first match in the CSz Rec League. I'm psyched. But one of our players can't make it today... he got called into work at the last minute.

We'll have fun anyway. And our shirts are cool. They're gold (NOT my favorite color) and have the CSz logo on the front, with our team name and individual name on the back. I'll post later about how it goes.

8 comments:

Bron said...

GOod luck and I want to see pictures!!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Bron. I left my camera at home--drat! And the few pics of us taken by someone else are not flattering of my team at all. Or maybe we're just that ugly. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I think you are talking about me.

Amen, my camera is not liking that yellow under those red lights. I wouldn't take it personally. :)

Michele

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Sorry, Michele. No offense meant. :) It wasn't our sallow complexions or anything like that--we're just making faces. And we're not even playing a game, just standing there. We're dorks. Not your fault at all.

Anonymous said...

No offense taken.

Bron said...

I want to see crappy pictures

Anonymous said...

http://www.comedysportzmilwaukee.com/Rec%20League.htm

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Some of them are good pics. (Thanks, Michele, for posting url.) But our team just didn't look, I don't know, human. :) JK. We're making faces and stuff. That's all. But now you can see, Bron.