Friday, May 13, 2005

5/13 Fun news--for me, anyway

I'm feeling pretty good. Have two COA site visits set up. One in June outside of Detroit and one in September in Brooklyn. I'm thrilled about the latter and will get together with my NY friends while there. They're the writers I was with in Las Vegas and I miss them already, so it will be nice to get a "fix" in September. We'll gather again next Spring--this time in Nashville.

And the one outside of Detroit doesn't sound like anything to get excited about. EXCEPT it's with one of my favorite people. Joyce and I did a site visit together in Vancouver BC a few years ago; it was a great surprise to see that she's the team leader again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, depending on *where* outside of Detroit, you could be in for a fun time. If it's Ann Arbor or anywhere in the vicinity, let me know and I can give you some tips. Have a good visit! -- Gretchen

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Gretchen. I've been to Detroit several times. Guess that's why I said it wasn't anything to get excited about normally. I think I'll be in Dearborn Heights. This will be working from 8 AM-8 PM, so there will be no time for play anyway. Guess it doesn't really matter where they send me. :) Jer

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Guess I should have also told you my nephew went to Detroit Mercy and my niece went to Eastern Michigan in Ypsilanti. Whenever my company sent me to Detroit, I'd take them out to dinner. (Fraternal twins with not much twin-ness.)