Saturday, June 11, 2005

6/12 A special song

If you've read my blog before you know about my friend Bruce. He's a musician, writer, and all-around talented dude. He's the nice guy who asked me to open for him in Vegas in April. Okay, enough intro... Bruce sings mostly his own songs/music when he performs but he does do a few covers. When we saw each other in Vegas I told him about Van Morrison's version of Have I Told You Lately That I Love You. It's my favorite song (at the moment). I thought Van Morrison's and Bruce's voice were so similar. When I got home I emailed the song to him (.wav file).

So I'm stranded on the tarmac at O'Hare and since we were going to sit for another hour I turned on my cell phone. Message from my friend, Joanne. She and her boyfriend Lynn were in Santa Ynez CA where Bruce was performing. She kept the message going so I could hear Bruce sing my song. And he even put my name in it.

I had been bumped to First Class, and I sat there with the biggest grin on my face. It's nice to have friends. :)

Thanks, Bruce.

No comments: