Monday, July 10, 2006

7/10 Back to work

It was good to see Katie yesterday. After the tracheotomy her color is so much better. When I walked in, she was surprised (no one told her I was coming). Right away she said, "That's Jer." But she was a bit confused about how I was related. She asked if I was a cousin, sister, daughter-in-law, and a few more. At least she knew I was family. I said, "I'm your son-in-law's sister." Then she said, "Yes, you're Jim's sister. Of course." A few minutes later though she introduced me to the respiratory therapist as her cousin.

When I got home I relaxed a bit and then started working on cleaning out my computer. My new one should arrive tomorrow. Tonight I have BroadMinded rehearsal, tomorrow night Open Improv, and Wednesday night longform improv. So it will be Thursday or the weekend before I can dig into the new laptop. Depends on when or if I work at ComedySportz this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the report on Katy! Karen says she is confused some of the time, so that part was not too surprising, but it is good she knew your name, and that you 'fit' in somewhere. Thanks again for going to see her since most of us are just to far to make the trip in one day, and would hate to burden Jim and Karen's lives any father at this point with having to have guests.

Beata said...

Mom, thank you for telling us about Katy. We are so worried about her... It's good to know that she is better, and maybe soon she will be able to come home. I wish we lived closer so I could drive there by myself too.
Have a nice day--we love you!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Cin and Bea. It was a beautiful day to travel, and no trouble at all. She's supposed to go home today, but I don't know if that's still set. Everyone had to learn how to deal with the trach issues prior to her going home.