Sunday, April 16, 2006

4/16 The adventure continues

Woke up at 2:30 AM and was picked up by the airport shuttle at 3:45 AM. After we got to the airport, I drank some coffee and was summoned to the desk to be told that my flight was cancelled. Apparently there was some damage to planes in Kansas City and they needed the planes there desperately. So I was put on a noon flight and made it to my house by 6:30 PM. Am I tired? You betcha.

Am I sad? You betcha. But not about the flight. As a frequent traveler, I know things happen and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm sad about leaving Jill and the kids. To be constantly hugged and told how much you are loved, and to go from that to nada isn't pleasant. I get very used to living alone and most of the time love it, but after being with my family I never relish returning here. Guess I shouldn't say that. I still love being alone sometimes, but wish my family (all of them) lived across the street. So Rob, Beata, Jill, Todd, Kayla, Hunter, Jan, Tim, Kris, Craig, Megan, John, Paulette, Kelly, Todd, Drew, Noah, Aiden, Matt, Beth, Blake, Tyler, Jane, Pete, Jordan, Sarah, Joe, Cindy, Adam, Cody, Eric, Jay, Andrea, Suzie, Liza, Jeff, Deb, Jessi, Jenna, Josh, Emma, Brandon, Riley Jo, Jim, Karen, and anyone I left out--you must live across the street from me. I have declared it.

Yeah, I didn't think that would work. I'm only the boss in my dreams.

Love you all, and happy Easter.

6 comments:

Jill and Todd said...

Your trip here was awesome. The kids had your undivided attention for most of the weekened (except for the ride to my house and a little bit Saturday evening). What more can my kids ask for? They had a wonderful time during their "adventure" with grandma. As K says to me... Grandma Rocks mommy. When is she coming back? Don't you just love it! And the best part of it for Todd and I is that we got to have 2 evenings to ourselves! Thanks again mom.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

It was just about perfect, Jill. (Except I would have loved to have spent a little more time with you, my sweet girl.)

Beata said...

Mom, your wish is our command--we are moving across the street! Done!

I am sorry your wonderful trip went so fast, and then you had to wait at the airport for so long. At least you are bringing great memories and pictures home! :-)

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Beata. I knew I could count on you. :)

Anonymous said...

as FULL as your life is, it was expecially touching that you really only wanted your FAMILY when you were really lonely. Like Jeff said, you think your friends are your life, but really it is your family that stand the test of time. And who really can compete with "grandma Rocks"-- And even greater that Beata is ready to move in and take care of you!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Yes, Cindy, and I'm going to hold her to it. :)