Wednesday, December 13, 2006

12/13 Lots of birthdays

December is filled with family birthdays. Have a great one, Cindy and Sarah. Joe wrote eloquently on his blog, so I won't try to replicate, but I love you both tons....

Today was fun. Beata and I went to town for her to get her eyes checked. She's as blind as a Bozarth boy. I told her that her uncles would love her even more. She's at -6.50 with both nystagmus and astigmatism. She said she's proud to be a Bozarth.

I got a very interesting email tonight. A business acquaintance from Texas invited me to apply for the job of Disaster Services Coordinator for the state of Mississippi. (She's with a huge not-for-profit that encompasses several states.) The offer is certainly tempting, although it doesn't bring me any closer to Quincy. It would allow me to pay my bills however. I'll have to think about this for a bit.

Beata and I started watching Breakfast at Tiffany's tonight when we got home. We quit for a few minutes so she could make pancakes for Rob. He just got home, and she's making some comfort food for him. He does feel a lot better today though.

He said he had one of the best jumps ever. Everything was perfect. He jumped with some German paratroopers and they gave him some German jump wings. Pretty cool.

12 comments:

Beata said...

If he keeps wearing those wings, I can't stay with him. That will be betraying my country... (according to my grandma) ;-)
Ok, today was a lot of fun! Thankfully Mom was there to lead to and from the eye doctor office. She said that now, after listenng to what he said about my eyes, many thigns start making sense to her! ;-) Yep--welcome me in the club uncles!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Beata but your have to double that -6.50 to be a Bozarth boy. But at least now I know why you think I am so handsome.

Anonymous said...

Afraid Uncle Joe is right. he is
-15.50 in one eye and -17.00 in the other...that is why HE thinks I am a Hottie! You have a long way to go to be that bad, but you might check with Kelly, because your numbers sound like hers. Bad vision is tough. I'd give ANYTHING I had if Joe's vision could be corrected like mine...maybe someday they will know how.
Glad Robbie is feeling better, but he should lay off those German Wings, I hear they are really had to digest.

Beata said...

You made me laugh, Uncle Joe! :-) Well, I can tell you that I am just starting, so by the time I am your age I will probably be -12.00! And yes, you are a hottie! (and Aunt Cindy is not blind, so she knows best.)
Aunt Cindy, wow, that's a lot. It's hard to even imagine how that is since I am already bad if I am not wearing contacts or glasses. When we become millionaires, I will pay for Uncle's Joe surgery! :-)

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Cindy, I loved your German Wings comment. Made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I would have thought the German paratroopers would have gave you German Chocolate cake.

Anonymous said...

The German jump wings weren't nearly as hard to digest as you might think; they're actually MADE OF German chocolate cake. German paratroopers--what will they think of next?

Anonymous said...

Beata, I've still got ya beat but not by much. Mine are -7.00 in each eye (nearsightedness) and I also have astigmatism. I certainly inherited the Bozarth gene!

Glad you're starting to feel better Rob.

I"ve never seen Breakfast at Tiffany's. I'm still wanting to see It's a Wonderful Life. I saw it once years ago and don't remember much, although I think Joe and Andrea have quoted every line now!!

Anonymous said...

Oh No, I am nearly a Bozarth Boy. I am -10.5 in one eye and -11.0 in the other. Yikes! I just found out last week that Jim resembles John Candy more than Patrick Swayze. Isn't he handsome?!?!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I feel a little guilty because my eyes are -2 and -2.5. Maybe I was adopted.

Beata said...

Kelly, I still beat you--I also have nystagmus and astigmatism! ha!ha!ha! I loveds the "Breakfast at Tiffany's", especially the outfits and the cat! ;-)

Aunt Karen, oh my gosh, yes--you are a Bozarth boy! I had no idea that you were like me--blind as a bat! That's what Rob calls me all the time. ;-) And yeah... I never thought Patrick Swayze was hot, John Candy is much sexier!

Anonymous said...

jer...YOU are a Bozarth GIRL>>>not BOY, so don't feel too guilty...And Karen, I had NO IDEA you even wore Glasses, let alone were that near sighted. Learn something new each day. And Joe's are bad, but Jim and Jay's are worse..poor little guys. They are just all lucky to have found such good woman to lead them through life!!!