Saturday, December 02, 2006

12/2 A Christmas Carol and more....

Last night we drove to Fayetteville to watch Tina perform in A Christmas Carol. She did a really good job. When she was on stage I watched her and listened to her, and enjoyed her performance. However throughout the rest of the show I became a judge--yes, judging people's British accents, or lack thereof. I found it entertaining.

But the show itself was fun. I dearly love community theater. There's an energy and commitment entirely different from a professional performance. We even smile at mistakes--if they're made by our Aunt Jo or cousin Jonathan.

And the ride home was even more fun. I discovered that I can take a voice recording and make it my ringtone on my phone. So when someone calls me, my phone now says, "Don't be crabby, it's Christmas." I'm sure I'll change it today, because I recorded it in the car on the highway (no, I wasn't driving). There's a lot of background noise.

Then I figured out how to do the above, but assign it to different phone numbers. So a call from Beata has her voice saying, "Mom, pick up. It's me. Beata. Pick up the phone." And Rob's is similar. We had a fun trip making this happen. When I go to LA in January I'll have the kids record their ringtone.

This morning Rob and I are going shopping. I need a few more pair of slacks for next week in DC. Can't wear jeans to National Headquarters. Then we'll come home to clean because tonight we're having friends over for poker. Can't wait.

13 comments:

Beata said...

I just had to add that Rob is SUPER excited about going shopping with Mom today. He can barely wait! he loves shopping!!! Especially in women's department. I am sure he will be a great help picking the perfect pair of slacks for Mom. You rock, Rob!

Jeff said...

Have fun, Jer! :)

Anonymous said...

hey jer, old ladies call pants 'slacks'. Us, young, hip,cool, girls call them dress pants!!! Maybe hangin' with Rob will make you hip to the scene again!!! And I hope you buy Robbie a treat for going shopping...

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Ha-ha, Beata. He LOVED it!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I did, Jeff. We went out to lunch too, and enjoyed our time together.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Cindy, now they're called "trousers," just like the guys wear. Sorry. You're not as hip as I thought.

As for me, I'm not hip, just hip-py. Unfortunately. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you brought Beata some lunch home to eat. She's such a sweetie!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

We tried, Andrea. But all she wanted was a certain kind of bread to eat with her brie. And we remembered to get it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jer
I want my ringtone to be
"Jer, pick-up, hell froze over, Joe's calling"
Ha

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I don't know if this is my brother Joe or my friend Joe. Either way, the statement would be true. :)

Anonymous said...

Your brother

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

That's kind of what I thought, but usually you're signed in... It made me laugh anyway. :)

Beata said...

Aunt Andrea, they didn't bring me any food... They never do... Maybe it's because I am the foreigner in this house, and they keep making fun of me??? Ok, now I am off to my room for some sulking.