Monday, December 04, 2006

12/4 So much to write about

The biggest news is that my best friend from college emailed me. She found me on Google. I can't believe it, because just recently I tried to get ahold of her too, but wasn't able to find her anywhere. She lives in Georgia and works as a real estate agent. I called her right away and we chatted for a little while when I was on break. It wasn't nearly long enough though. I told her I'd email sometime tonight, and will.

Again, I just can't believe it. Her name is Gerri and mine is Jeri, so we were known as the Jerrys. (I just spelled it in a generic way since we spell it differently.) Gerri and I were so close that after I got married and moved away she lived with my family for one school year.

We had so much fun together and I have such fond memories. I'll post some of them later. Yay!

In the meantime I am meeting some Red Cross folks for dinner soon. Will post later about my work experience today. It was cool.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all why did she want to find you? I hope you don't owe her money.
Second of all how smart is she now? Why didn't she just call a Bozarth in Quincy. Maybe the one that lives by Q U where she lived and went to school.

Anonymous said...

LOL -- you slay me, Joe.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Joe, hummingbirdmind is my friend Nancie in Virginia.

And, Joe, perhaps Gerri didn't want to contact anyone until now, and looking up on Google (and emailing) is easier than finding a phone number and calling on the phone. At least to me.

Or maybe she remembers you and doesn't like you. Did you still wet your pants in those days?

Beata said...

Ok, that's just too much information about Uncle Joe! Leave him alone!!!!! He is so sweet and handsome! :-)

Anonymous said...

yes, Beata, he is sweet and handsome, and he is only being a smartass b/c his big bossy sister told him not to be....like throwing gasoline on a fire. He remembers Gerri pretty well, but thought she was Janet's friend, but since she moved right in to the nut house on Spring Street, she must remember was full of smartasses...starting with Grandma Elaine...

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I told him that in a private email, not in this public place. But ah, well...that's Joe.

And Gerri was my friend first. She and Jan became good friends senior year in college when Gerri shared a bedroom with Jan. There's probably another story in that. I was busy being unhappily married in Augusta, GA.

Buffy said...

Google really is amazing like that.

Anonymous said...

.......and I'm done.

Anonymous said...

Can't beleive Gerri contacted you. I have looked for her also but didn't know her name or where she lived. I was just talking about her when Megan was looking at my old pictures and there was one of her last visit here when her kiks were young. I told Megan she was a little off. Who in their right mind would want to move into a house with 8 kids and only 3 bedrooms. We had lots of fun though. Will write her when I have more time. I assume you gave her your and Joe's blog. That way she can see not much has changed.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I know she'll be happy to hear from you, Jan, and anyone else in the family too.