Thursday, December 28, 2006

12/28 Quincy

Just arrived in Quincy a little while ago. My niece Sarah helped me unload the presents from my car. Can't wait to give them out.

I drove through St. Louis earlier today and had lunch with my friend Faye. She and I were roommates when I lived and worked in St. Louis. It was fun, we hadn't seen each other in quite a while.

While I was driving I got a call from Betsy in Austin. I'm flying there on January 7 and will come home on January 9. The closer it gets, the more excited I am about it. She also emailed a copy of the job description. That will help me as I formulate my questions for the executive team.

I have a few more presents to wrap, but before I close I must say that this drive was so wonderful. Other than the two hour delay in the mountains, I enjoyed it so much. Even that wasn't all bad. The weather was good and the view was superb--not a bad way to spend a few hours when you're not in a hurry.

Tonight I think we're going out to dinner with my niece Kris. More later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jer,

Glad you made it safe. Tell everyone there Hi for us and that we wish them a Happy New Year. Safe drive home next week and GOOD LUCK on January 8th, That is Dad's 65th birthday, so he said for his birthday wish he will be pulling for you too.

Karen

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks a lot, Karen. Beata is so excited about visiting you. I know you'll enjoy having her there.

Anonymous said...

Jer, Glad you had a safe trip and that you didn't have to deal with all the nasty weather like Denver is having!! See you this weekend!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Kelly. Can't wait to see everyone. Hope you all got healthy so we can have some fun. :)