Thursday, December 07, 2006

12/7 Another interesting day and...

Happy birthday to my brother John. I won't go into detail because our brother Joe did it so well on his blog, but I'll just say, I love you, John, and hope you have many more happy birthdays.

Today at work I went into information overload. I have so many hundreds and hundreds of pages to read, plus classes to take online. Luckily it's so interesting to me that it won't be a horrible chore.

Also the presenters today were very talented and held my attention. Plus the subject matter today and tomorrow is totally in the field I'm in. The first three days were more generic, and today we broke into smaller groups. I learned a lot.

Tonight our activity lead took us out to dinner. The name of the place was Oceanum (or something close). It's a upscale seafood place. I had a salad and some sides...sauteed spinach, green beans almondine, and potatoes augratin. Delicious. Then we all split two huge desserts--baked alaska and creme brulee. The alaska wasn't so good, but the creme brulee was fantastic.

Tony Blair went to the White House this morning and traffic was horrible. Tonight they lit the White House Christmas tree and traffic was horrible. See a pattern here?

Lots more to talk about, but right now I'm tired.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If traffic is so bad there, why don't they just move the WHite House? Duh!

Beata said...

HPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE JOHN!!!! :-) BEST WISHES TO YOU FROM US AND THE ZOO! WE LOVE YOU!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Hey, duh. Great idea.

Beata, I know your uncles love hearing from you and Rob. Rob? Who's he anyway?