Saturday, December 30, 2006

12/30 Presents, presents, and more presents

My secret Santa was my nephew Cody. He is a funny guy and bought me huge oversized sunglasses (at least 10x too big) and ugly fake teeth. Then he also got me a very nice gift certificate to Bath and Body Works. Yay.

At Jane and Pete's we opened presents last night. Sarah gave me a beautiful purple chunky necklace and bracelet that I just love, a breast cancer angel pin, and a breast cancer coffee mug. She is such a sweetie.

My godson Jordan gave me an attachment that turns my iPod into a radio also. Jan and Tim gave me some gorgeous and comfy pajamas. Jane and Pete gave me pajamas, a beautiful shirt/sweater, and a book.

Then Jane and I watched her favorite movie--Simon Birch. I love it too. It's based on the John Irving book, A Prayer for Owen Meany, and I keep meaning to read it, but haven't yet.

This morning I got up at 6:45 AM, after a great eight hours sleep. Everyone else slept in. Really slept in. Finally Jordan woke up and I took him out for breakfast. I enjoyed having some time with him.

Today I have to fax something to the Red Cross, and also buy the food for the minestrone I'll make for New Year's Day. There will be tons of food there, but I wanted to make sure there was a vegetarian soup. Soup is a perfect dish to have on a cold winter day of games and silliness. (Hope it gets a little cold. I haven't even worn a jacket yet.) Every year I salivate at the chili Joe and Cindy make, so this year decided to do something about it. And this soup is good enough that carnivores will like it too. At least Rob and Beata did, and Rob hates soup.

It's nice to be around my family, except poor Sarah is sick. I really miss Jan and Tim. They will return tomorrow night from their trip.

Guess that's enough for now. Nothing exciting, just feeling good to be in Quincy.

8 comments:

Beata said...

Mom, how wonderful that you get to spend this special time with the rest of the family. And all those presents!!! Wow! Very nice! :-)
Just enjoy your stay in Quincy and say hello to everybody from us.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Hi sweetie. Everyone wishes you and Rob were here with us. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were a good girl this year! ;) I hope Sarah is feeling better soon. Too much sickness going around.

Jeff said...

Glad to hear things are going well for you.
I read "A Prayer for Owen Meany" a couple of years ago and thought it was great!

Happy New Year, Jer!

Anonymous said...

I know you wouldn't know this, but Joe ALWAYS makes the chili in this house...I say it is even better than your mom made. I LOVE soup, and will be more than happy to give your minestrone a try. I dont' think it is going to be cold enough for soup really, but it is quick, easy and will feed the masses. Sounds like you received wonderful gifts from your sisters families, and I am glad you liked your Secret Santa gift from Cody...he does all his own shopping and Wrapping, and would not tell anyone who he had until he figured out you weren't going to be there. He thought the props would get you a laugh on Christmas Eve.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks a lot, Jeff. Happy new year to you too (and to your family). I am blessed to count you as one of my cyberfriends. Jer

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Cindy, no I didn't know Joe makes the chili--all I know is it always smells delicious. I'm glad you'll try my minestrone. I began making it last year when Noodles and More stopped selling it. It was my favorite soup there.

I called Cody and thanked him for the gifts. They really made me laugh. And I put the gift card to good use today at the Bath and Body Works sale. The stuff smells yummy.

Can't wait to see you guys. Miss you all.

Anonymous said...

hi