Thursday, April 13, 2006

4/13 Kayla, Hunter, and Grandma's Univeral Adventure, Part I

I arrived in LA on time, about 11:15 AM. Kayla and Hunter came running toward me screaming, "Grandma." That always makes me laugh and cry at the same time. What a glorious feeling to be loved that much. Jill followed behind, and I got a hug and kiss from her too. My beautiful daughter.

We went to Soup Plantation for lunch, and it was good, as always. The kids love that they can pick out their own food. Fortunately they love salads. And desserts. :)

Now I'm on the computer at their house. We'll leave about 3:45 PM (Pacific time) to go to Kayla's gymnastics class. Immediately following, the kids and I will have dinner and will then drive to our motel in Hollywood.

Tomorrow there's a 60-80% chance of thunderstorms. But my tickets to Universal Studios are prepaid. The nice thing is that we get free admission for the rest of the year, so if we get rained out we'll be able to make it up another day. Maybe Saturday? :) I'm more excited than the kids are, I think.

I bought them a few small Easter gifts (the adventure trip cost enough...). They loved the Reese's Pieces in a carrot shaped bag. And Hunter enjoys his Curious George stuffed animal, which he says he'll sleep with tonight in the motel. I got Kayla some hair ribbons and "stuff" because the product name was Kayla Products. Too cute. She's thrilled. And I gave them both "lips." They are crazy about lip balm, and I got H fruit-flavored, and K a princess type.

The kids are especially excited because I'm going to let them have candy and jump on the beds. Plus I'll pay for a movie in our room. Hunter requested popcorn, so I'll see what I can do.

I'm so PSYCHED! Will write tomorrow night when we get back here. (Jill and Todd will be in Palm Springs, so the kids and I will rule the house. Being a Grandma ROCKS!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are in grandma heaven! There was nothing better in my young life than my grandparents...I still feel heartbroken without them, but treasure every scrap of the memories made with them. So you three have a ball...and you go ahead and jump on the bed with them...your mom would have.

Beata said...

Mom, I am so happy to hear that you guys are having such a great time. I am sure you will manage to spoil them badly through those few days! ;-) Lucky kids!!!! Love you!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Cindy and Beata. Just got to the house. I'll post my blog from last night and today. A wet rat, Grandma