Tuesday, April 25, 2006

4/25 Lots of stuff

Go to this site to see my entry in another flash fiction contest. We had to write a story about the picture of two lamps on a table. It was fun to write.

Yesterday I "had lunch" with Russ. We both went through a drive-thru and then parked our cars and spoke while we ate lunch. A first, and I loved it. We're going to do the same today, except I'll be at home instead of in my car. I'm working from home because my elliptical is being delivered and set up today, and a cleaning service is coming by to give me an estimate. My cleaning person is moving out of town.

Last night's rehearsal went really well with BroadMinded. We worked from a little after 7 until almost 9:30. And when I got home, Russ and I talked for an hour or so.

He's leaving early tomorrow for California for business for two months. He won't be able to talk as much because the building he'll be in doesn't allow cell phone usage, and he can't email from the computer there either. So guess I'll have to be a grown up about this.

8 comments:

Beata said...

Mom, I just CAN'T imagine you without talking, messaging, writing etc. etc (and you know what I mean by "etc") to Russ every single minute! How are you going to survive????? I need to have a talk with Russ.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

It's going to be tough, but that's the way it is when you work for the government. You ought to know, sweetie. He can't do anything about it. But he'll call from the hotel every night, so we'll talk a few hours anyway. :) (And you are a kupka with your etc.) I love you. Mom

Jill and Todd said...

Well, at least you will be meeting in person in May... not long now.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Yep, but it does seem like it will never get here.(Love you, Mom)

Anonymous said...

Etc, hmmm?!!?! How fun!

Jer, I know you will miss being able to talk to him during the day. It will just make your conversstions, etc., even more special at night. Gosh, is it only 10 days until you go out there?!?!? I bet you are so excited. I hope you guys have an absolutely wonderful, relaxing, fun, exciting, etc., time! Good Luck, Russ. We will be anxious to hear from you and how it is going out in sunny California.

Karen

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

He doesn't have access to a computer at work right now because they packed up all of them and are shipping them to the site. But when he text messages I'll let him know what you said, Karen. Thanks, Jer

Anonymous said...

Who really cares about this Russ thing, I want to know about this 'cleaning service' you speak of!!! Now there is a dream come true for me, but us POOR relation have to clean our own houses, but we can live through you...please tell more...do they wash windows, dust, vaccum, clean up after boys???? Maybe I will just dress Joe up in a french maid outfit and pretend he can dust.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Now I've got to poke my eyes out after picturing my brother in a french maid's outfit. eewwwww