Monday, April 24, 2006

4/24 Yesterday was busy

I woke up early and drove to Chicago for an 11 AM meeting. The trip itself was easy because I spoke to Russ all the way there, including when I stopped at a Starbucks for more coffee.

It was a meeting for team leaders and crew for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk. One of my sisters and I have met our goals, but Jan hasn't yet. So if you're inclined to donate, please help out Jan. You can reach our team page here.

The meeting was inspiring and motivating. This year there are 600 crew members and 4100 walkers. That's an increase of about 1500 people. We're thrilled.

After the meeting I talked to Russ on the way back to Milwaukee, making that trip pleasant as well.

Then I went to the semi-finals and championship matches of the Rec League at ComedySportz. It was great seeing my friends play. A team with two of my BroadMinded pals (Anne and Megan) came in 2nd, but I must say Anne and Megan were brilliant. The winning team was Kuribo's Shoe, a hilarious group of young men (high school and college). They take lots of chances. Sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't. This time they pretty much worked! I sure enjoyed all the matches (including the semi-final with Melissa in it).

Afterward we played in some scrimmage matches. I played horribly, and was grateful it was just scrimmage and not a real match.

Got home about 8:30 or 9 and talked to Russ some more. Nice.

Oh...complaint here! I got the disc with my headshots on them, and I absolutely hate them. Don't know what else to say except I hate them. I'm going to contact the photographer and see if he made an error. I sure hope so, because these are not usable for their intended purpose. Damn.

No comments: