Monday, April 03, 2006

4/3 Finally a moment

One bit of excitement after another here. No time to sit and write this. But I'm taking a few moments now.

Yesterday morning Beata and I met Dave, Stephanie, Heather, and Celine at Mumbles for brunch. It was a delight. I only wish I could have eaten more.

I ate a little and then had to split. Beata will have to fill you in on the rest because I had to go to work. Yep, on Sunday.

Work went well, we reviewed case records and then walked back uptown to our hotel. A nice bit of exercise, but wore me out since I hadn't eaten much for three days. When I got to 70 Park Avenue, I met up with Beata and Heidi, and we immediately took a cab to ComedySportz New York. Three of the people I knew were on stage, and another guy I knew from LA spoke to me afterward. It's always fun watching people you know perform. They asked us to join them for a drink afterward, but we weren't able to go. On the way back to the hotel we stopped at Dave's recommendation--an Indian restaurant called Chennai Garden or something similar. It was really for Beata, who was craving Indian dessert. I ate some papadam (lentil bread, and rice pudding.

Was able to keep it down, but my stomach hurt a good part of the night. I'm guessing this was food poisoning instead of a virus. It's just too weird. Well, enough about my bodily functions. :)

The place was great, and we took the subway back to the hotel. So that was yesterday, and more about today later.

2 comments:

anne frasier said...

i'm glad to see you're feeling somewhat better. whew!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Had some fruit this morning, and felt okay. So I definitely see improvement. :)