Friday, December 26, 2008

12/26 An almost perfect Christmas

The only thing that would have made it better is if my own kids and their families were with me. Other than that it was wonderful.

Christmas Eve at John and Paulette's new home was so much fun. As always it's great for so many of us to get together, plus there was actually enough space for us. Didn't feel crowded at all. Two highlights of the evening. One, when Aiden and Ty got in the "Christmas closet" and opened presents from their brothers' stockings. They can't read so luckily didn't pick their own. Second, was Joe's line, "I said bidet, sir." Of course it's not funny reading it, but we even laughed at it again last night.

Christmas Day the sisters got together at Jan's which has become a tradition. I rode with Jane and Pete and got to bring Gussie with me, which always makes me happy. Uncle Bill was there too, with his wit intact. :) The meal was superb, despite the fact that my cranberry salad didn't set. We ate it all anyway.

Of course I talked to my kids and grandkids yesterday, which made the day even more special.

Last evening, Jane, Sarah, Jordan, Joe, and Eric came over and played games. Joe hadn't played Wii before, but he's so good at video games that he caught on right away and did very well. It was fun.

Thanks, everyone, for all the thoughtful gifts, but mostly for the gift of the time we spent together.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I missed a lot of fun, but it was like Suzie was five, and that was fun too.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Well we sure missed you.

Jill and Todd said...

Maybe some year if Todd ever switched jobs we could join all of you for a Bozarth Christmas Eve. I'm sure my kids would have a blast with everyone. Until that time, I will cherrish the visits that we do get to make. Love you tons!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

That would be the best Christmas ever for me. :)