Sunday, February 19, 2006

2/19 Baby, it's cold outside!

I had to go out today. The house-cleaner came, and I can't stand to be here when someone else is cleaning. Makes me feel guilty. I only have her come once a month, but that old Catholic guilt remains.

While Peggy was here, I went to Cosi and wrote. Finished two more sketches, and hatched an idea about a song parody. I'll unveil them Tuesday night with the group.

Then I went to the grocery store. It was so, so crowded and not fun. When I stopped by the bank to cash my CSz check, it was so cold that my card wouldn't go in. It worked at another branch however.

Coming home was great, though. Not only is it warm and cozy--it's clean. I love that feeling. I still have lots of junk to put away--piled it on my bed and by my desk. But today, I might just sit for a while. Or else go to watch the Rec League--even though my team has a bye. It feels so good to not have anything to do though. Good--and rare.

6 comments:

anne frasier said...

a house cleaner!! yes!! that's what i want! and once a month sounds about right. but i always think how awful it would be to be here when the cleaner is cleaning. so i'd have to leave my house so the cleaner could clean. and somehow that seems weird. i guess because i really want to be here so she doesn't snoop and find my weed. hehe

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Well, if I still had that, I'd probably take it with me. :)

Anonymous said...

Not only do I have to leave when the cleaning lady comes, but I have to "pre-clean" before the cleaning lady comes. Jim is always telling me I am nuts...I guess I probably am!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

You'd have to be nuts to marry my brother anyway. :) Just kidding, sis.

I'm not quite that neurotic. I do put everything in closets or stacked on my desk, just so she can actually dust.

emeraldcite said...

damn, that Catholic guilt is everywhere...

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Yep, it's not something you can drop like a bad habit. It's ingrained.