Wednesday, May 03, 2006

5/3 Let's talk about Russ

I'm going to meet Russ in LA on Friday (5/5), for the first time. Those of you who don't know me might be surprised by this.

We met on March 10 kind of by accident. It was on a website similar to myspace.com but for baby boomers. I read his description, which said he was retired military and some other things. I commented that my son was a career soldier in the Special Forces. He replied and we just kept communicating. Within a few days we were talking on the phone, and have kept it up. Luckily we both have the same cell phone provider and our calls are free. That's super because we talk for hours every day.

We really fell for each other. So after a few months of phone calls, text messages, and emails, we are finally going to meet. Am I nervous? A little. I'm more excited than anything else.

Yes, it's a bit of a risk. But anything worth anything involves risk. This risk is minimal, because I know Russ. He is kind, compassionate, smart, funny, and sexy as hell. (I know my brothers and son are gagging right now.)

So I'm happy. All we need to do is make sure the sparks are the same in person as they are on the phone.

I'm crazy about the guy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys, Jer! What a great way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! I would be a ball of nerves, but I know you don't usually get nervous. I so hope it goes as well as you both want it to go. Like you said, you already know him so well. Good luck to you both!
Karen

Anonymous said...

That's very exciting! I'm sure it will be amazing. Some argue that the internet is distancing us from other people. I believe it's the opposite.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Karen and Jason. Just got off the phone with Russ. He's not near a computer at the moment, but I told him the blog is all about him today. He's a great guy.

anne frasier said...

just do what i always do. stay sober and keep your pants on.






feel free to delete that. :O
i've already slapped myself.

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for you, Jer! If Russ has a brain in his head he'll grab on tight to you and won't let go. -- Gretchen

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Anne, I'm not going to say what I really want to say, but will email it to you. :)

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Gretchen. I agree with you 100%. :)

Anonymous said...

Mom, it's going to be great, and believe me, there is no one else who can understand you better than I do. See, Rob and I did it! :-)

Bron said...

keep us updated!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff said...

I'm happy for both of you, Jer. I hope you guys have a great "first" meeting. :)