Sunday, July 15, 2007

7/15 Not laughing today

Quincy and Raven, the lab puppy next door, have decided to dig a tunnel to each other. Yes, it is funny to see this tiny black head trying to get under the fence. I thinkQ did most of the work, but Raven is benefiting the most because she'll fit through before Quincy will. Have heard of so many remedies for digging, but everyone says that none of them work, including putting chicken wire into the ground.

So Quincy got another bath today. And there's no sign that the mud will abate because it's storming again. The Mississippi Gulf Coast really needs the water, but if it could avoid the mud piles in my yard, I'd be most appreciative.

I'm supposed to meet the reporter at 1 outside. And I don't have his phone number because someone else took the call. She's in Minnesota currently, but I hope I can reach her. Sure don't want to wait in the rain.

Will let you know how it goes.

And does anyone have ideas for stopping dog-diggers? I will not beat her or kill her. Other than that, I'm open.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a clue here, but good luck. (oh, and good luck with the interview too)

Well Met said...

Fill the hole with Q's poo poo.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Cin.

Thanks, Des. I've done that for smaller holes, but this one is a doozy. I filled it with an aloe plant. Another hole by the porch now sports a begonia. I'm going to have a yard full of flowers and dog poop filling up holes.

Anonymous said...

Storm and Maggie have always dug enormous holes when they smell other animals or want to lay in cool dirt........and I have never discovered a way to stop them. John just brings home dirt and continues to fill them in!Good luck

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

So maybe I need to find a guy with dirt? :)

A friend sent me an email and said she and her neighbor put in a doggy door in the fence. That sounds like an excellent idea. Quincy and Raven are great friends.