Monday, July 30, 2007

7/30 Q's home!

I woke up at 4:30 this morning, and Gerri was heading home by 5. Her visit was wonderful from start to finish (even including the sunburn); but it's always nice to get your house back to normal.

Got to work by 7 and got some "stuff" done.

Had a meeting this afternoon with a representative of Habitat for Humanity International. On the way to the meeting Maria and I stopped at High Cotton for lunch. I had friend green tomatoes with remoulade sauce. Oh my it was an absolutely delicious meal! I could eat fried green tomatoes several times a week and not grow tired of them.

After the meeting I picked up Quincy. Boy oh boy, that little girl was happy to see me. And I felt the same way. She was gone for three nights, and I really missed her. Right now she's sleeping on my bed while I'm typing.

1 comment:

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Now she's being a little fart though, so I'm rethinking my happiness. (But she did sleep all night. Yay.)