Thursday, July 26, 2007

7/26 My surprise

Beata called me tonight. Said she had a birthday surprise for me and was going to send it next week. I said that I was leaving Thursday for a meeting in Jackson and from there it was off to Quincy. I also said she could ship whatever it was to my office because someone would always be there. She said she didn't think that would work.

The surprise was my son Rob. I can't believe it. He was going to come visit me for my birthday and I'm going to be gone. That really makes me mad.

I want it all...my vacation and my son. Is that too much to ask?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jer: Can Rob just fly to meet you in Quincy instead? Hope it all works out. -- Gretchen

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

That would be perfect, Gretchen. Except he was probably going to drive. Don't know about the prices--flying to Quincy. But perhaps they'll surprise me.

I also think the idea was to come to my home, since no one had visited yet. (My friend Gerri arrives today though.)

Jill and Todd said...

What a bummer...

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Yep.

Kelly said...

That really stinks although coming to Quincy would be so cool cause then we can all see him! The kids aer looking forward to playing with Kayla and Hunter

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Kelly, the kids are excited to play with your boys too. It should be a great week. (I can't wait either.)

Anonymous said...

Tell Beata you will accept cash as a substitute.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Yeah, Beata. What Dave said....