Tuesday, July 31, 2007

7/31 All the time there is

Many years ago I said, "I don't have enough time."

A friend said, "You have all the time there is."

How true. Ever since then, I never say I don't have time to do something or I didn't have time to finish a project.

I have all the time there is.

So I didn't make time, or I chose to do something else. Whatever. The time is there. How I use it is up to me.

With that being said (such an overused phrase nowadays), I have so much to do and time is limited. I have to pick and choose.

So I'm going to choose to work on my vacation. I'll take some days and not do anything, but other days I absolutely have to work. Things will pile up and then going back to work will be a horrible chore. I think it will be best to do it this way. We'll see.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you remember but watching a 5 and a 7 year old IS WORK. I watch the new moms now and wonder how they do it all!

So...good luck fitting "work" into your vacation!! (it should be fun)

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

We'll see, won't we? :) I know I'll have fun. I always love visiting my family, and having Kayla and Hunter with me will make it even more special. (Oh, and Q too.)

Anonymous said...

John always works on vacation-answers more e-mails and calls than he proabably does in his office!...thinks Blessing cant run without him. BUT then he never has children to watch too.....see you soon

Jill and Todd said...

Good thing is that they are used to me working now 3 days in the office and 2 days from home. They should be flexible for you too :-). Love you and see you in 2 days.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Today Jordan is watching the kids so I can work for the first time. Well, I've been doing emails on my Blackberry consistently, but this is the first time I've been able to get on the computer.