Tuesday, July 31, 2007

7/31 All the time there is

Many years ago I said, "I don't have enough time."

A friend said, "You have all the time there is."

How true. Ever since then, I never say I don't have time to do something or I didn't have time to finish a project.

I have all the time there is.

So I didn't make time, or I chose to do something else. Whatever. The time is there. How I use it is up to me.

With that being said (such an overused phrase nowadays), I have so much to do and time is limited. I have to pick and choose.

So I'm going to choose to work on my vacation. I'll take some days and not do anything, but other days I absolutely have to work. Things will pile up and then going back to work will be a horrible chore. I think it will be best to do it this way. We'll see.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm not sure if you remember but watching a 5 and a 7 year old IS WORK. I watch the new moms now and wonder how they do it all!

So...good luck fitting "work" into your vacation!! (it should be fun)

Jer said...

We'll see, won't we? :) I know I'll have fun. I always love visiting my family, and having Kayla and Hunter with me will make it even more special. (Oh, and Q too.)

paulette said...

John always works on vacation-answers more e-mails and calls than he proabably does in his office!...thinks Blessing cant run without him. BUT then he never has children to watch too.....see you soon

Jill & Todd Potrykus said...

Good thing is that they are used to me working now 3 days in the office and 2 days from home. They should be flexible for you too :-). Love you and see you in 2 days.

Jer said...

Today Jordan is watching the kids so I can work for the first time. Well, I've been doing emails on my Blackberry consistently, but this is the first time I've been able to get on the computer.