Saturday, March 11, 2006

3/11 Saturday and early Spring

It's in the low 50s here. For Wisconsin, that's wonderfully warm in March. I called my sisters in West Central IL (about six hours south of here) and it's in the 70s. A hint of spring. But I'm afraid it's a tease. Tomorrow is supposed to be awesome too, but back to winter on Monday.

I felt so much better today, so I went to Starbucks, drank a decaf Americano, ate a small muffin, and wrote. I wrote something for my blog. But it ended up way too personal, so I'll email it to my kids instead.

After Starbucks I went to the gym. Did the elliptical for 33 minutes for cardio, and then worked on some leg machines. If I go back tomorrow I'll swim laps for an hour. I'm going to get in shape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Guess I'm kind of yelling at myself.)

Read my daughter-in-law's blog to find out about their going away party. It made me cry and also is what inspired what I wrote at Starbucks. I'll post a stripped-down version of the note later.

Life is so good, if I felt any better I'd be twins.

3 comments:

Beata said...

My sweet Mom! Thank you for your wonderful email!!!! It was the first thing I read this morning and it made me warm around my heart. Thank you!
You sound very "springy" to me, so sunny and full of energy! I love that! How is are your sinuses? any better?
I am so proud of you for doing all the exercise and keep it so straight! You are on your way to be in shape in no time!!!
I love you!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thank you, sweetie. Are you guys working around the house? It's Sunday morning there, I know, so I bet you'll have a day of work ahead of you.

I'm going to the gym again tomorrow. Tonight I'm just doing laundry.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I know it, DF. I was thinking of you with your book deadline of 4/1. I'm surprised you're even making time for Starbucks with that kind of deadline looming. Hope you're finished when Beata and I come to NYC! You're definitely one of the sights to see. :) Jer