Saturday, March 11, 2006

3/11 Saturday and early Spring

It's in the low 50s here. For Wisconsin, that's wonderfully warm in March. I called my sisters in West Central IL (about six hours south of here) and it's in the 70s. A hint of spring. But I'm afraid it's a tease. Tomorrow is supposed to be awesome too, but back to winter on Monday.

I felt so much better today, so I went to Starbucks, drank a decaf Americano, ate a small muffin, and wrote. I wrote something for my blog. But it ended up way too personal, so I'll email it to my kids instead.

After Starbucks I went to the gym. Did the elliptical for 33 minutes for cardio, and then worked on some leg machines. If I go back tomorrow I'll swim laps for an hour. I'm going to get in shape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Guess I'm kind of yelling at myself.)

Read my daughter-in-law's blog to find out about their going away party. It made me cry and also is what inspired what I wrote at Starbucks. I'll post a stripped-down version of the note later.

Life is so good, if I felt any better I'd be twins.

4 comments:

Beata said...

My sweet Mom! Thank you for your wonderful email!!!! It was the first thing I read this morning and it made me warm around my heart. Thank you!
You sound very "springy" to me, so sunny and full of energy! I love that! How is are your sinuses? any better?
I am so proud of you for doing all the exercise and keep it so straight! You are on your way to be in shape in no time!!!
I love you!

Jer said...

Thank you, sweetie. Are you guys working around the house? It's Sunday morning there, I know, so I bet you'll have a day of work ahead of you.

I'm going to the gym again tomorrow. Tonight I'm just doing laundry.

David said...

Writing, going to the gym, and hitting Starbucks. Sounds like my non-adventurous life.

Jer said...

I know it, DF. I was thinking of you with your book deadline of 4/1. I'm surprised you're even making time for Starbucks with that kind of deadline looming. Hope you're finished when Beata and I come to NYC! You're definitely one of the sights to see. :) Jer