Tuesday, August 22, 2006

8/22 Sleepy

The Portland trip went by quickly. But last night was so much fun. I went out to dinner with Gretchen and Alan from CSz Portland. They are delightful! Gretchen and I got acquainted online when I moved to the UK. So of course I was thrilled to meet them in person. We went to dinner at McMenamin's (sp?) and then to the CSz arena. The tour was fun, and I enjoyed seeing the pics of so many people I know from tournaments.

It was still early so they took me to the Portland Rose Garden. Absolutely beautiful. Then they dropped me at the airport.

My flight left at midnight and I arrived back in Milwaukee at 9 AM. To work by 9:30 and went home at 10:30 to sleep. Didn't sleep a wink in the plane for some reason.

It felt good to nap today. Still feel really tired so I'll skip Open Improv tonight. Have some website proofing to do for the office.

(Thanks, Gret and Alan, for dinner and the grand tour. Hope we meet again soon.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Rose City awaits your next visit! -- Gretchen

Anonymous said...

I think I was confused as to why you were going to Portland...I thought it was for some work related activity??? But glad you had a good time, and met a pen pal....that must be weird. I've never written once to anyone I didn't already know---except in 5th grade as a writing assignment, and as I remember, I was the only one that didn't get a reply...must have scarred me for life!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Gretchen.

And, Cindy, it was for work. But I had to take the red-eye plane (for business reasons) and had time before my plane left at midnight.

I'll talk about the business stuff when I post today. It was pretty interesting.

Bron said...

loved Pland when I visited... they know how to look after you :D