Monday, August 07, 2006

8/7 Back to work

(August 2, 3, and 4 have been filled in. Check them out.)

Not much to report here because I've been too busy working. But I got a beautiful big package in the mail today from Beata and Rob. Some lovely birthday gifts that they'd picked up in Okinawa. I got a gorgeous purple kimono, some darling plates and bowls that I can't wait to use, some towels, and a lovely tea seat with the teapot and five cups (there always are five cups in Japan). Unfortunately one cup is broken, which breaks my heart. They are rather plain on the outside and the inside is blue enamel with two delicate butterflies painted. I can't wait to use my new tea set. This is the second one they've given me, and I love them both so much.

Rob and Beata, thanks a MILLION for your sweet and thoughtful gifts. By the way, the president of our Japanese office is here and I asked her to translate what's on the towels. Just wanted to make sure it didn't say, "World's Worst Mother-in-Law." :)

Thanks again. I love you.

2 comments:

Beata said...

No Mom, it translates, "Worlds biggest kupka"!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Aha, a Polish phrase written in Japanese. Very clever, my dear.