Wednesday, August 30, 2006

8/30 Call from ARC

The Red Cross called and said my background check was stalled because they couldn't verify that I had an LCSW, and also because I wouldn't let them talk to any of my employers. WHAT?????

So I called the company that does their checks (backgroundcheck.com or something like that), and they were all messed up. So I cleared up the errors, called my recruiter back, and then talked to our HR person.

I told her someone would be verifying my employment today or tomorrow, and not to worry because I wasn't resigning. She smiled. I said I was going to talk to my boss and the CEO about restructuring my current job.

Here's hoping everything turns out the way I want it to. Sigh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a mess...hope that you got them all straightened out, and it will be smooth sailing now...
Thanks again for the Amtrack advice for Adam...he is going to need all the help he can get in the coming weeks, whether he knows it or not.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I know it will be hard for you. Moving to NY is different than going off to college. At least he'll be in the same country.

I tell people that when I taught my kids to be independent, I meant they should live across the street and have a job. Instead--they're all over the place.

Anonymous said...

that is EXACTLY what I would like...living across the street, having a good job, and calling their momma at least once a day!!!!(telling me how wise and good I am) Why can't they all see things OUR way??????

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

You know what? Even though mine live so far away, they do call and tell me how wise and good I am. Somehow, as they age, they come to appreciate their moms even more than they did at home.

My kids are so good to me. You'll find the same, I bet.

Jill and Todd said...

You are absolutely right mom. The older that I get, the more I appreciate the things you did for Rob and I and the sacrifices that were made along the way to make things the best they could be. Love you tons!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Aw, Jill, you sure know how to make me feel special. I love you.