Tuesday, August 29, 2006

8/29 Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Just found out today that my Hollywood debut has been changed from 9/13 to 9/12 and from 9 PM to 10 PM. No big deal, because I also found out that the head of development from Comedy Central will be there, scouting for new talent. Omigod!

Okay, deep breaths, deep breaths.

Today is my brother John and s-i-l Paulette's 36th anniversary! Have a great one, you guys. You both deserve it--especially you, Paulette. You've not only put up with John for this long, but you've tolerated the rest of us too. Thanks for that, sis. I missed your wedding because I lived in Hawaii and couldn't afford the airfare to get home. That's always made me sad. But the pictures were beautiful.

Last night BroadMinded got together. We were all there for the first time. (Marcy doesn't have to come to rehearsals until close to performance time, since she's our tech director.) So seven of us sat there and figured out how we're going to work together. It's not an easy task to go from four to seven. But it will be well worth the effort. Every one of us brings a uniqueness and great humor.

Mel brings her fearlessness. She will do absolutely anything for a laugh, and is the only one who makes me laugh out loud onstage.

Oh, except for Anne. When she does her nerd girl I can't stand it, I always crack up. Anne brings great character work to the table.

Megan is a prolific and talented writer, and also has wonderful acting chops. She's a very physical actor too (witness the fight she and Mel do in The Grade).

Mary Jo is such a good actor. I love her calm demeanor and her ability to look at the bigger picture. And I love it when this mom of two gets down and dirty onstage.

Maria always says yes. That's a great improv quality. When she couldn't perform in the last show, she volunteered to do props and was invaluable. And her "Doris" kills.

Stacy has a wealth of experience, and brings a different viewpoint. After finishing the conservatory at Second City, she has knowledge that the rest of us don't have. Plus she's hilarious on stage, and does super character work.

And, Marcy, a freshman in college, knows more about technical direction than folks twice her age. She's been working in the field for several years already. Plus she's funny.

(If any of you read this, I could have said lots more about each of you. But I have to get back to work.) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY John and Paulette....I didn't make it to the wedding either b/c I was only 10 years old and was 8 years away from meeting any of the Bozarth's. HOPE this day was a happy one for both of you!

Good luck with your Hollywood debut, Jer...I am sure I would not be nervous at all....mainly b/c I would NOT ever have the nerve to try something so scary, but I am sure you will knock them dead!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Cin. This is the first time I've really been nervous performing, so the important thing for me to do is to make sure I have everything super-memorized (as opposed to regular memorized). :) Then I can relax and let the performance happen.