I "stole" the information from the blogs of two friends. The first part is from Jeff. (Hi, Jeff.) And the rules are from the contest sponsor, Jason. (Hi, Jason.) Our friend, Anne, is involved in this project too.Jason always has wonderful writing contests and the prizes are awesome. I'm going to enter, maybe some of you will as well. Check it out. Jer
short fiction contest
Jason Evans from The Clarity of Night is conducting another short fiction contest, this time in conjunction with U.S.A. Today Bestselling author, Anne Frasier, as part of a celebration for the upcoming release of her new book Pale Immortal on September 5th.
This is a great opportunity for all of us to share our writing in a fun and challenging atmosphere.
Check here for details.
- 250 words maximum.
- Titles are optional, but encouraged. Titles do not count towards your word count.
- One entry per person.
- Any genre or style is welcome.
- All rights remain with you, the author; however, you consent to the posting of your entry on this blog.
- Judging will be conducted by Jason Evans on the basis of pacing, entertainment value, technical use of language, storytelling, and voice.
- Please provide a name for your byline. If you have a website or a blog, I'd be happy to link your name to it. If you don't have a website or blog, feel free to include a short bio. A bio does not count towards your word count.
- At the close of the contest, I will announce the date and time for the announcement of winners.
- After the winners are announced, I will post what I liked most about each entry. Also, if you send a request to me by email, I would be happy to offer any constructive comments I might have. Constructive comments will be by private email.