Wednesday, January 11, 2006

1/11 Let's forget about it

Let's pretend that last post never happened...

One thing that has me smiling is that I'm leaving tomorrow for Los Angeles. It will be a quick turnaround, I'll leave there at 6 AM on Sunday to get back to reality. But for those few brief days I'll be in Grandma heaven.

I'll have to take some work with me, but since the plane ride is four hours, and the layover in a second city is an hour, I'll have time to work and won't have to do any while there. That's a definite good thing.

As I wrote the earlier blog entry I said there was nothing I could pinpoint that might make me feel down. "Physician, heal thyself!" or more appropriately--trauma counselor, get a grip! When I came back from working with the Red Cross at the end of November I didn't feel the usually inevitable letdown. That, plus experiencing a glorious Christmas with my family, could be the cause of what I'm feeling now. I do know I'm still homesick.

Or it could be that it doesn't matter. :) I'll be in a very good mood when I get home tonight--I'll be packing for a great weekend.

7 comments:

decade5 said...

Whatever you feel and wherever you are, you're still you and you're always really damn lovable.

Beata said...

Mom, it was wonderful talking to you on Skype! Enjoy your trip and keep us updated! :-)
Missing you! - Bea.

Anonymous said...

Mom, I'm glad you're feeling a little better. I'm also glad you and Beata talked. Well, I know your trip is going to be great. Enjoy the hell out of it.

Love you!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Rob and Beata. I'm up early this morning...so excited about seeing the kids.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

jilloshotz, thanks. And good luck on the job search. See you on your blog. :)

anne frasier said...

we had i think 15 days in a row of no sun.
i'm just sayin'... maybe it's been that way in milwaukee too....

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Never thought about it, anne. we'd been sunless in Milwaukee too. But I've never been bothered by Seasonal Affective Disorder. Who know... but now I'm in sunny Los Angeles. :)