Sunday, January 22, 2006

1/22 Yawn zzzzzz

Nope, today wasn't boring. I'm just so darn tired. My plane didn't get in until after midnight, and I didn't get to the hotel until about 1 AM. The wings kept icing over in Chicago and we had to have them de-iced a few times. Then when I got here I fiddled with my laptop, and the network card isn't working. The computer says it is, but something's amiss. What is the good of having free high-speed internet access in your hotel if your computer doesn't recognize it?

So I am borrowing a computer from the agency we're reviewing. A brand new IBM. Works like a charm. I have tons of work to do tonight, so I'll get to that after I read my person email, etc. Then a quick nap. And finally work. I'm not going out to dinner with my colleagues because I'm too tired.

I brought a few movies to watch, but won't even be able to do that. This agency is HUGE, and scattered about, so we can plan on 10-12 hour days. Yet, it's fascinating work.

5 comments:

Beata said...

Mom, we are glad to hear that even though you are busy and tired, you still seem excited! Just make sure you get a lot of rest and don't skip your meals! I love you! :-)

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, sweetie. Have you ever known me to skip a meal? :)

Beata said...

Just checking... :-) I can't wait to finally be able to feed you! (I have some new vegetarian recipes--yummy!)

Bron said...

TAG!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Shoot, Bron. I don't know what this tag is. Guess I'll have to get to your blog to find out. I'm on a borrowed computer... but will get there. Jer