Tuesday, January 24, 2006

1/24 More fun in Rochester

After another hard day of work (I'm not lying about that), we headed downtown for dinner at the Dinosaur Grill. It was absolutely excellent. Almost made me want to eat meat again. It's a huge BBQ place and my three colleagues got a lot of bbq'd meat, beef ribs, spare ribs, pulled pork, chicken and more... I got a plate of sides and everything was superb. From the fried green tomatoes to the cole slaw, it made my mouth water. And the Brooklyn Lager we had didn't hurt anything either.

I am looking forward to going home though. I've got so much to do and am not able to get much done here--too much other work to do. I need to get off the computer soon and work some more. Although I may go down to the lobby and watch American Idol with my friends. They're going to work and watch. Sounds like an excellent proposition.

3 comments:

Beata said...

Mom, it sounds like you can be tempted! Maybe one day you will break your rule and eat meat again! :-)
Love you!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Don't count on it!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Nope, Dave, I didn't. But now I wish I'd tried them...didn't notice them on the menu. I had fried green tomatoes, cole slaw, cajun corn, corn bread, cucumber/tomato salad, and one other thing I forgot. The fried tomatoes were an appetizer that we all shared. I had four sides (not counting the corn bread that comes with all orders.) Now I'll be thinking about that fourth side...