Thursday, January 05, 2006

1/5 So much is happening


I'm now on the Red Cross, DSMH (Disaster Services-Mental Health) team, and will be on call for two weeks in March for the first time. In the meantime I have a two day training to attend in February, and a meeting to go to. This will certainly fill up the "I'm-missing-my-family" time.

Just got an email from an editor asking for an article to be done by the end of January. It will be a quick turnaround, but I'll get it done. Also got a call from a DA's office across the country asking for some assistance. PLUS I got my hair cut today. Busy day. (Yes, I know the haircut isn't in the same class as everything else. It's more important.) :)

My dear d-i-l started a blog, and I'm thrilled. Hope she keeps up with it, because I'll get more info and pics. Sometimes I forget what she and Rob look like. Sigh. But here's the latest picture, and they look adorable as usual. This was taken New Years Eve on Torii Beach in Okinawa.

2 comments:

Jill and Todd said...

I am so happy that you are finding another outlet for you to volunteer. I know you will help so many people when given the chance. You are such a caring and loving person and we are so greatful to have you in our lives.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

You sure know how to make your mom cry. (With joy.) Love you.