Sunday, February 10, 2008

2/10 A near-perfect day, continued

Mass was wonderful today. A new member of the choir--a man in his 80s--sang Amazing Grace as a solo. It was moving and beautiful. Then I found out I was going to have a solo. I was excited and nervous. But it went really well (thank you, God), and several people stopped me after church to tell me how much they liked it. It was really humbling though, because there are so many beautiful voices in the choir.

Okay, back to yesterday. Genia joined us at Hard Rock. Originally we just wanted to sit on their patio and enjoy the perfect day. But we noticed the pool was just down a set of stairs. So we ended up at a table by the pool, surrounded by palm trees and very close to the Gulf. What a location!

We sat and chatted for quite a while, and enjoyed our Starbucks.

Rosemary and Lorena then left (Lorena is young and has a--gasp--boyfriend, so she had to go meet him).

Genia, Caroline, and I stayed at the Hard Rock. Genia and Caroline won and I, of course, lost.

Then the three of us went to Genia's and played cards, ate pizza, and watched the original War of the Worlds.

I got home around 11:30 and slept like a baby.

See why it was a near-perfect day?

Adding some pictures:


Above is Lorena.

Below is Caroline.

And this one is of me and Rosemary.

No comments: