Tuesday, February 05, 2008

2/5 Mardi Gras and I was scared

No, I wasn't scared of Mardi Gras. But, until today, 5 1/2 hours was the longest I'd left the dogs in the house alone. Today it turned out to be more than 7 1/2 hours, so yes, I was scared. Plus, I'd left Cookie out of the crate because I don't like to leave her caged up for that long.

So I said a prayer as I opened my bedroom door. And guess what--they were nearly perfect. Certainly no bathroom accidents. And was I ever pleasantly surprised! The only thing they did wrong was take a few things out of my bathroom wastebasket. And one of them (I'm sure it was Cookie) chewed on the toilet paper.

It was a perfect ending to a super day.

Mardi Gras was a riot. Five of us (me, Genia, Caroline, Lorena, and ) met up with Angie and Paisley on the parade route. We got there very early and had lunch. Then we sat and people watched. What a hoot.

This was my first Mardi Gras parade and I loved it. I had so many bead necklaces on that I almost lost my balance. Really. And when I tried to take them off I couldn't do it. Laughed so hard that it made the task impossible. Lorena finally helped me and it felt great to get those beads off. But I was still laughing.

Now I'm home and am going to do my last night of wallowing. Will post parade pictures when I get them from Genia.

Gosh, I love my dogs. They were such a surprise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jer,

We miss you having fun in the snow
in Packer land.

Steve

PS What a storm here, 24 hours and counting with the snowfall

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

In the low 70s and sunny. Sorry, Steve, but them's the breaks.

I miss Packer land too. Hope you and yours are doing well.