Wednesday, February 27, 2008

2/27 Tired but happy

Met with the new painters last night. They are great guys. Both teach and coach at a middle school and both have been teaching for 25 years. I'll get the estimate today or tomorrow. They'll even come back in to touch up after the floors get finished.

I've got everything arranged, including someone to clean up at the very end--because I'll be gone. This has taken a lot of orchestration, but here's the schedule:

3/17 and 3/18 Movers move
3/19-3/23 Painters paint
3/24-3/27 Floorers floor
3/28 Cleaner cleans
3/28 House goes on the market officially

Throughout--payor pays. Yes, it's taking some money but it's going to be the best looking house in the subdivision and that will help sell it. Someone (who shall be nameless) said I should paint the place myself to save money. I'd love to do that. But I've never done it before, plus I work until 3/20 and am leaving that same day. (Have to be at work in the new city on 3/24.) There's absolutely no time to (a) learn how to paint and (b) actually paint.

This move is happening incredibly fast. I told Rob that I see the effects of stress on me. But I'm doing the best I can. And at least this is good stress.

I'm a lucky bug.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Movers move
Painters paint
Floorers floor
Cleaner cleans


These sound like alternate verses for The 12 Days of Christmas.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

4 movers moving
3 floorers flooring
2 painters painting
And a cleaner who cleans the house

Very good, DF. You must really like music(als).

Note to family: he hates 'em.