Thursday, February 28, 2008

2/28 Can't sleep

The dogs woke me up at 4:30 to go outside. They came right back in and went to sleep, but not me. I haven't been able to go back to sleep. My mind is just racing--so much to think about, so much to do. I have to put the finishing touches on my presentation for tomorrow. There are going to be around 300 people there, and we are talking about the importance of funding case management. Some federal folks will be attending, and it's vital they hear us.

Then of course there's all I have to do with the house and other items to get ready to move. I'm so excited, yet know there's a lot of work ahead of me--not the least of which is driving to Quincy with both dogs. Last time I drove to Quincy in August, Q was six months old and I didn't have C yet. Now Q is one and C is 18 months. They'll take up the whole back of the car, plus I have to take at least two suitcases, a big bag, dog food, toys, water, computer case, purse, and a dog crate. Oh my. I have no idea how I'm going to get everything in the car. But I'll do it. Everything always does work out, even when it seems impossible. I just want to have enough room in the back of the car so the dogs can at least move around for the 12-15 hour drive.

Lots of fun things to look forward to also--I'm going to be home for Easter. Plus family members are arriving on the 9th. I love to show off the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Besides the devastation still in evidence, there's incredible natural beauty. It'll be fun to have them here.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

This next month will certainly be full of adventure!! Savor the moments. (and good luck traveling with 2 dogs.....it may be as fun as traveling with kids!)

Anonymous said...

This family member for one CAN NOT WAIT to see ANYWHERE that the snow, ice and COLD are absent from. Can you do it? Can you pull some 70 degree days out of your bag of tricks for us? I'm anxious to see the house you;ve called home now for a year, even though you will have a new home here soon. I am also really EXCITED to see any part of the country I haven't already seen, and the Gulf Coast Region is reportedly 'something to see'. I, like you, have LOTS of work to get done on my job though next week if I am to enjoy my time there. It may mean some OT for me, but I'm willing to put forth that effort to make this a fun trip, with no work pressures to keep me awake at 4:30am. I'm counting on Quincy and Cookie to do that!

Anonymous said...

The drive sounds like it's going to be a little bit crazy. Too bad you couldn't just mail the dogs there. Love you!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Lots of adventure, Kelly. And I'll have plenty of snacks with me, just like for the kids.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Will you settle for 60 and sunny? The sky has een so clear; tonight it seems like I can see forever.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Rob, the least I could do is Fedex them overnight.