Monday, February 25, 2008

2/25 Some things are done

Well, I'm having the movers pack me. The price was right. They're packing on the 17th and loading on the 18th. I'll stay at my friend Caroline's house from the 17th until the 20th. Then the puppies and I will take off.

Elliptical guy has to return during the first week of March to install a new motor.

Paint guy didn't work out. Have to find another one.

Realtor was awesome, but I knew that. She's the one I used when I bought this house.

Floor guy will be here at 5:30 and friends will be here at 7 to play cards. Two of them have to work tomorrow night so we switched our card playing to tonight.

Guess that's it for now. Lots to do. Have to file a homestead exemption. Forgot to do that. It will help the next owner on their taxes.

Then there's my actual job. :) Guess I have to keep working.

Something cool happened though. I got interviewed last week by the local TV station--I think I wrote about that. Well, the reason I got interviewed is because I asked a question of the main speaker at another conference last week, and I invited him to a conference this weekMississippi Gulf Coast. Well, the bigwig is actually going to show up. Chutzpah pays sometimes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are making some headway. You'll be free to enjoy our visit now....except for working of course.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Yes, it will be great to have you here. It will relieve the stress.

Bron said...

selfishly though - nearer by to Wisco!

I will have to drive and see you and the pups this summer!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

It would be absolutely dreamy to have my UK friend visit Quincy. My family would adore you.

Anonymous said...

Wow--great job, mom! You're doing great. Keep up the hard work. Love you!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks so much, Rob. Even though I'm not doing the moving myself, it really is a difficult job orchestrating all this, while dealing with muddy dogs. :) The stress is taking its toll, but I'm keeping my eye on the goal. (Ooh, a poem.)