Sunday, February 17, 2008

2/17 Having fun and I won

First of all, for those who couldn't get to the video--it aged out. Just go to wlox.com and do a site search on Krystal Allan. The video I'm in does show on the list. It's the one with the name Donald Powell in it.

Yesterday was a really good day. After a nice relaxing breakfast, and a few moments of enjoying the surf breaking outside the windows, we took off. Genia, Caroline and I went to Niceville where Caroline used to live. We saw the condo she still owns, plus her previous homes--all lovely. We met up with her friend, BJ, and got haircuts. (She's a retired hair stylist.) Went to lunch at Camille's at Destin. It was a quaint little spot with great sandwiches. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather.

Afterwards, BJ had to leave, and the three of us drove to Grayton. It's a beach village with trendy little shops. Bought a few cards and that was it. As we were walking back to the car we heard some awesome bluegrass music coming from a bar. We peeked in, and it was a live band, so we sat for a few minutes and listened to their last two songs.

Driving home we stopped at a fish market to get red snapper for everyone's (but me) dinner. The parking was weird and Caroline got the car stuck on a median. So I "unstuck" us while they bought the fish. We do have pictures of both driving incidents. I just don't have the connector with me to get the pictures on my computer. Will upload them when I get home. Pretty funny! Poor Caroline.

We had a marvelous meal, and Aunt Webbie loved it too. Pan seared red snapper, baked potatoes, salad and garlic bread. Yum. Tonight they are having steak on the grill. I'm making grill potatoes and asparagus. Yum again.

Last night we played cards again, of course. I did indeed whup Genia's butt. I won at both spades and Spite and Malice. The first night was Genia's, last night was mine, so tonight must be Caroline's turn.

Right now Caroline is sitting on the deck, alternately reading and watching the surf. I'm in the living room doing this, and watching the surf. Genia is upstairs in our bedroom, reading and watching the surf. Aunt Webbie is working on Sudoku--which I'll do when I'm done here.

As you can tell, we decided today was going to be total relaxation. No "have to's." Just enjoy the beautiful ambience of Navarre Beach and our lovely temporary home. Tomorrow it's back to reality, and I don't really want to go there. Sigh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having so much fun in Florida! Your friend's aunt sounds like a wonderful person. Her home sounds beautiful. I loved the car stories!

Beata said...

Mom, it was good to hear from you the other day. We are so happy that you are enjoying your time in Florida. And, you always meet some guys along the way! Way to go! :-)

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Thanks, Andrea and Beata. Just got back from Florida, and lots of work to do. Love you.