Sunday, July 10, 2005

7/10 Home again

It feels good to be back in Milwaukee (but I still wish Milwaukee was closer to Quincy).

The class reunion weekend was total bliss except for one incident with one person. I'm so very proud of how I handled the situation. Very cool, very sophisticated. I liked me.

But other than that one tiny thing--it was awesome. Our class was small enough that we knew everyone, so I got to visit with so many people. And at our age it doesn't matter if we hung out with the person in school or not.

My favorite part was talking to the classmates from my grade school. What fun to speak to folks who still called me Jerilyn. Two guys especially said things like, "I can say what I want to you, Jerilyn. We've known each other since we were five." Another one, "Jerilyn, remember kindergarten?" It was marvelous discussing just about anything with folks.

I spent time with Donna--my best friend in grade school, and Amanda--my best friend in high school. There's a comfort that's still there, even though we don't see each other much.

As I sat after dinner, I looked around and remarked how I just loved this group. It's amazing. I'm already looking forward to the next one in five years.

No comments: