Wednesday, July 20, 2005

7/20 What a day!

Had a really good day. From 11-2 I did a disaster drill with a company that handles aviation disasters and other mass casualty-producing incidents. When I walked in--there sat my friend from a million years ago. When I was a vice-president of a child welfare agency in Illinois, she was also a vice-president at another child welfare agency. We had to go to many of the same meetings, and even though she lived in Chicago and I lived in Quincy, we became close friends. She's retired now, and still living in the Chicago area. Because she's a licensed clinician like I am, we both are doing this disaster and trauma work but hadn't seen each other in years. It was a great surprise. So after we finished, I had a meeting to go to and Ann waited at my office. We then went out for a quick lunch (the agency where we had the drill, didn't have any vegetarian food), and caught up on each other's lives.

What a wonderful treat!

No comments: