Monday, October 24, 2005

10/24 Oh my, so much...

I don't know what to post first.

First of all, I'm such a dumbass and I love my bank. There was a message here when I got home saying that it was US Bank, fraud prevention. They'd noticed unusual activity on my debit card. Right away I thought this was some kind of scam (isn't it awful when that's the first thing you think of?).

Young man said, "Did you attempt to buy gas at several different stations? We have an Amoco purchase for $44 and a Citgo purchase and another Amoco purchase...."

The first one was mine. I'd gotten gas at Amoco on the way to work and LEFT MY DEBIT CARD IN THE MACHINE!! I definitely am a dumbass. Big time.

But they caught it and stopped the purchases. And put the money back into my account. I'll get my new card in a few days.

I'm so glad I didn't stop at the grocery store on the way home. That would have been embarrassing, "Sorry ma'am, but your card has been declined." I would have panicked.

Item number 2, but actually much more important: My daughter emailed that her dad (my ex) is in the hospital. He's had a heart attack before, but she said it wasn't a heart attack this time, but he was having chest pains. I sure hope he'll be okay. He and his wife have a five-year-old son, only two months older than our grand-daughter.

No comments: