Wednesday, October 26, 2005

10/26 Letter from Red Cross

But it's not the letter I've been waiting for. This one says I've been approved as a member of the DSHR (Disaster Services Human Resources). So that's cool. Then it gives me info on how to get a background check; which could get me un-approved really quickly if it doesn't turn out okay.

One more step out of the way. And November 14 is just around the corner.

Prior to that, however, is my presentation at Mohonk Mountain House. I'm so excited about that as well. It's like work wrapped in a vacation package. How cool is that! I do need to get busy on the presentation. It's only 45 minutes and I can talk about this subject for much longer than that without preparation. This presentation, though, is very special. So much work to do to prepare. November 4 is only a week and two days away.

Follow up note: Found out that my ex is fine and going home today. His heart is enlarged from a previous heart attack, but they can fix that with meds. So that's a relief. Kayla and Hunter need their granddad around. Jill is still daddy's girl, and I don't want anything to happen to make her sad. Plus, even though John and I don't have a relationship anymore, I still remember the good stuff--and don't want the young man I loved to be ill, even though he's not a young man any longer. (He's still young compared to me.)

No comments: